Friday, August 22, 2008

Snorkeling

Yesterday we took a field trip with my 8 year old son's snorkeling class to Cala Incina, near the city of Polignano a Mare, about an hour's drive south of Molfetta. A "cala" is a cove and the coast around Polignano is full of beautiful ones. Raffaele, the instructor, guided the children (and interested parents) along the sheer face of the calcareous rock where they dived down to explore the underseas world! They found lots of interesting sea creatures and plants, including anemones, sponges, hedgehog sea urchins, alghe, etc.

More photos of Cala Incina tomorrow...

6 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

This is a wonderful shot! And how great that your son can learn to snorkel so young.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I'm off to explore your archives now...

Knoxville Girl said...

What I like here: the random trail of heads, and the sparkle on the water. Did you get to snorkel too?
And with regard to your umbrella comment: great minds think alike!!
have a great weekend!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I love the light playing uopn the water inbetween the snorklers.

Susan said...

I really like this photo! The way the light bounces off the water is captivating!

Saretta said...

Thanks all of you! I liked the sparkling water effect, too!

Knoxville Girl - actually I didn't snorkel. It's not my favorite sport...can you believe it?

Hilda said...

I love the beach but I actually have a phobia of deep ocean water. (Yes, it's that specific — I can stay in the water near the shore and in deep swimming pools.) Even looking at this picture gives me heart palpitations. Pathetic, because the Philippines has some of the loveliest diving spots in the world. I so envy those kids! They'll be discovering a whole new world down there.