Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Computer and My Dog

My computer tells me that it doesn't like my camera's memory stick. This is a problem! I need these two to be on speaking terms, otherwise I can't upload my photos! I'm not sure what the disagreement is about, but the pc is quite adamant that it wants nothing to do with the memory stick!

I'll have to get my husband, The Computer Genius, to sit them down and talk it out. He's usually quite good at this type of negotiation, and is not above a bit of bullying and threatening if the parties involved are uncooperative!

So, today you get to see a photo of my dog, Piedina. Her name means "little foot" in Italian. She earned that name because when she turned up outside our yard she always used to give us her paw to shake. Whoever decided that it would be a good idea to abandon her at our house had obviously taught her this one and only trick. Luckily for her, we liked her and decided to keep her. One of these days I'll get a photo of her sleeping all curled up with the cats.

9 comments:

Lowell said...

Piedina is a doll! Looks like she might have a bit of Golden Retriever in her.

Sure hope your genius hubby can talk some sense into your computer and memory stick. One thing, though, is you do have another way of downloading pictures to your computer...

There should be a little cord that came with your camera (Sony?)...

Patsy said...

Saretta.That is a beautiful dog.She is so clean.She most have some Retriever in her.All Retriever are nice dogs.Your pathway is also beautiful,well spaced stone.

Luis Gomez said...

Love Piedina she is beautiful. What a lovely face. She is a lucky good to be living with you. I hope your memory card starts getting along with your pc. BTW check this out: www.lupedc.com

Leif Hagen said...

It's good to stretch! Beautiful doggie!

Saretta said...

Piedina says she is blushing from all the compliments, but she's loving it! Still blocked on the pc/camera front. Hope to get it worked out soon.

VP said...

I'd be glad to shake her paw!

Jilly said...

Well your problem with your camera's memory stick is our gain in that we see your beautiful Piedina. What a lucky dog she is and lucky you to have her. I'm always so happy to hear a dog has been given a new home. She's adorable and a lovely shot of her.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

such a nice photo and it works perfect for a lazy afternoon.

Chuck Pefley said...

Quite the good looking and deferential pooch. She knows how to bow as well as shake -:))

It may well be time to buy a new memory card ... believe it or not, they do eventually wear out.