Sunday, October 18, 2009

Torre Gavetone Beach Reefs


This photo, which shows the area of Torre Gavetone beach just to the left of the tower, is one that I didn't plan on posting, but some of the questions that came up in yesterday's comments made me think that this shot might be helpful for understanding what "the beach" is like in Molfetta. There's no sand, just rocky reefs. Sunbathers try to find the flattest spot to lie down on and many people bring bamboo mats to try to get somewhat comfy. Sounds miserable if you aren't accustomed to it, I know. But Molfettans hate sand. They think it's dirty and annoying...give them a rocky reef any day!
Today it's pouring down rain here. No chance for sunbathing or swimming in the sea today!

7 comments:

Patsy said...

I see the young man doing pretty good in looking for sea life.

Hilda said...

I wouldn't like lying down on bumpy rocks, but there's something to be said about not getting sand in one's bathing suit!

I really like these small pools among the rocks!

Anonymous said...

To swim in the sea looks like a good place. Greetings.

Ann said...

I wouldn't mind swimming from the rocks but give me a nice soft white sand beach even if you are still getting sand out of strange places for days afterwards.

Virginia said...

Well that's the way it should be. We all enjoy what we hve. This looks beautiful although I'd rather not recline on those rocks!
V

Megan in Liguria said...

Southern Liguria is mostly the same way. Being a SoCal girl, I started out thinking I could never do the rock thing. Now i prefer it! Lovely photo as always...

valeria said...

It's so clear! What a lovely spot, Saretta!