Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Molfetta's 51st Annual Carneval Parade

It's Carneval time again and these are three of the four floats in this year's parade.
I was lucky enough to find them parked and waiting for today's parade early this morning before I went to work. Lucky because otherwise I could never have shared them with you because I refuse to go to Carneval parades.

I am a cold weather wimp and just cannot embrace any sort of activity that forces me to be outside in the evening in the nasty cold and bone-chillingly damp climate we have here at this time of year. Plus the whole crowd scene...I do not handle crowds well!

I'm not sure what they mean - this type of float generally has some sort of political satire behind it, but just as I met one of the event organisers, my train pulled into the station and I had to dash off. I'm just hoping the one in the first photo, entitled "Career Women," has some deeper meaning to it...if I find out, I'll let you know!

12 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Doesn't everyone love a parade? Yes? No? Maybe so?

Kinda neat floats. MB

Hilda said...

Seems we have the same problem with crowds. But I promised myself that one of these days, I'll brave one.

Love these floats! Especially with the sleeper and alarm clocks. Of course, I'd want to smash the clocks once they start ringing. ;)

VP said...

Funny floats, you was lucky to find them before the parade. I agree completely with you about crowds...

B SQUARED said...

More interesting and creative than New Orleans.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a real parade in a very long time. This looks fun!

Leif Hagen said...

Fun, colorful, entertaining Carnival floats! We don't have anything like there here in Eagan today!
: - (

Birdman said...

Looks like a fun time to me.

Stefan Jansson said...

You need to harden up with a Swedish winter. If you can handle that you will be ready for next years Carnival!

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful and colorful shots.

Saretta said...

Oh Steffe, though I did have a Swedish grandmother, I did not get any of those hardy "cold weather no problem" genes! I think I would never survive a Swedish winter! LOL!

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha. You never know!

shopgirl said...

Hi Sarah,

I didn't realize that Molfetta had a proper parade for the Carnival. I wish I had seen it, but I completely agree with you about the cold. It's way too cold here. Also, I have the same problem with crowds. Could it be because we grew up in North America?

p.s. tried calling you this morning around 11am, but no luck.

Wishing you a fantastic weekend!

xo