Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blooms in the Rain


I hope you don't mind another photo of the same tree as yesterday, but I just love the movement in these branches. They remind me of a Japanese ikebana flower arrangement. The tree is either a peach or a plum, I'll know for sure when the flowers turn into the fruit!

Check out the link on my sidebar Likely Links to a new site on Molfetta. It is called I Love Molfetta and is available in English, Italian and Spanish. You can see more photos and videos of Molfetta, including some amazing snow scenes.

7 comments:

VP said...

I'd be happy to post a branch like this, but here the weather is still bad and plants probably know it.
Thanks for the link, the site is a bit garish, but really full of interesting things.

Lowell said...

Ah, I thought it might be an apple tree! Shows I know even less than you do! ;-) Nice sign of spring, though.

Re: your comment on Ocala DP - A therapy dog is a do with a great disposition who is especially trained to work with the sick and elderly...so Simon would be taken to visit people in the hospital or in nursing homes and spend the day with them...He would "love" them by being part of their lives for a period of time.

It's great therapy!

Eleonora Baldwin said...

I would've said pear, but I guess it's plum.

Primavera, sbrigati!!

B SQUARED said...

Could never get tired of looking at it.

Patsy said...

Jacob. it is rare to find an apple tree in Molfetta.

Lucas Mendes said...

very beautiful flowers!

Chuck Pefley said...

Interesting to note your spring season is about on a par with ours this year. I suspect yours is close to normal while I know ours is several weeks early.

You're able to tell the trees apart the same way I do ... by the fruit -:))