Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sunset over the Mongolfiera Mall

Today marks my 200th post on Molfetta Daily Photo. I am really glad to have begun this blog and especially to have joined the City Daily Photo community which is full of such kind, supportive and wonderful people. I am not a photographer, my area of expertise has always been linguistic, but through this blog I have discovered the joy of really looking at things and trying to create an interesting image. And it has forced me to stop and think about the place where I live, and how to present it to those of you from other corners of the globe. I started this blog from a feeling of being unhappy with Molfetta's limitations, but through the blog I have (re)discovered how many good things there are here, too. Thanks to all of you who stop by to visit me here every so often!

14 comments:

Guy D said...

Beautiful sky shot, I love the colots. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

VP said...

I like your blog and your photos too: the spirit of Daily Photo is clearly stated as a way of showing your city to others.
I am a novice here in CDP, but I see people posting beatiful but meaningless photos just to show off...
Keep going! You're right!

Hilda said...

Congratulations, Saretta! And what a beautiful image to celebrate the day.

Aside from your beautiful photos, it has always been because of your writing that your blog has been a favorite of mine. And I am glad for you that you re-found beauty and goodness in Molfetta because of your blog. Keep it up! I am looking forward to many more years of photos and insightful commentary from you about Molfetta.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 200th posting! I certainly am glad to share in a piece of Molfetta, through a fellow expat's eyes. I find it both encouraging and inspiring!

nobu said...

Omedeto Saretta san.

Beautiful sky in the your 200th post.

valeria said...

Oho! 200 is a respectful number of posts!!! Well done Saretta. I like your eye on Molfetta and I completely agree with you: doing VDP helped me to look at the town with different eyes, so now I tend to really appreciate details that once I hardly notice...

Jane Hards Photography said...

Huge congratulations on the big 200. You live in a truly beautiful part of the world. This is gorgeous.

penny said...

Saretta, Congratulations! Your 200th post is beautiful in both picture and your wonderful way with words. Thank you for sharing your sweet, sweet story;) Bravo...

Knoxville Girl said...

yay for you and 200 posts! it's not easy to come up with something new every day.
I like your honesty about your town, showing us the whole picture, your love of place really comes through in a true voice.
also, today's title made me smile, I don't know why, but thanks.

Anonymous said...

Apprezzo molto ogni foto, ma piu il modo nel quale scrivi. Thanks and keep it up!

Ming the Merciless said...

Congratulations on your 200th post.

Thank you for your blog because I've learned a lot about Italy and Italian life from reading your posts.

marley said...

What a wonderful 200th photo! Congrats on your achievement, I look forward to more :)

Saretta said...

Thank you to all of you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me!

LaGrasta said...

Congrats on your 200th!