Friday, February 20, 2009

Giovinazzo in the Distance

From the end of the Lungomare there's a pretty good view of the Giovinazzo skyline, six kilometers south of Molfetta. Between the two towns lie several public and private beaches which are heavily populated in the summer months.

If you enlarge the photo, and look at the tip of land that extends furthest out into the sea, you can see the bell towers of the Giovinazzo cathedral, built in the 1100s. My husband and I were married in the cathedral's crypt.

13 comments:

magiceye said...

oh wow!
such a romantic place to get married in!!

VP said...

Now I'm curious and would like to see the church! Beautiful Lungomare, nice light under this cloudy sky.

Maria Verivaki said...

this reminds me of one of my favorite beaches in my area - and it looks just as rough and uninviting now

Anonymous said...

You live in a very beautiful part of the world.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Those colors of the sky are a bit different from what I usually see.

Anonymous said...

Dramatic sky and wonderful composition:)

amatamari© said...

really a beautiful picture of heaven and earth ...
thanks

:-)

mouse (aka kimy) said...

gorgeous picture and gorgeous sky.... speaking of which it could be part of skywatch friday....today was the first time I ever participated.... but have long enjoyed the fruits of the game.

Unknown said...

I like the golden tones of Giovinazzo!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful coast line and a romantic spot for a wedding...and you've captured the gorgeous sky as well! Nice!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Married in the crypt. Now that's different. Even with my own beach I still find others so very different. The colours are so beautiful.

Saretta said...

Thanks for all you comments!

vero said...

Fantastic photo|