Friday, February 27, 2009

A Slice of Adriatic Sea

I realise I've been posting a lot of shots of the sea lately. It is awfully pretty, though, you must admit. And this is the time of year when I start getting tired of winter and wishing summer (read beach season!) were here.

Not that I should complain...we hardly have what many of you would consider a "real" winter with real cold, snow drifts, ice storms or anything like that. But for us here in Molfetta, these temperatures feel cold and I, for one, am getting tired of the winter coat and wool sweaters.

11 comments:

magiceye said...

love those blues!

Maria Verivaki said...

yes, it is awfully pretty
the mediterranean sea is a beauty all year around

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful...

Juergen Kuehn said...

Thank you for getting a norrow (but broad impact) eyeful of the mare. A great shot!

Hilda said...

Like sunsets, I never get tired of beach and ocean photos. And this is a beauty!

Summer has arrived in the Philippines. And now I'm melting! It's already reaching 33C midday and it's just started. I hate to think what it'll be like in April!

Rosaria Williams said...

Great. Now, start a pensione and invite us over.

amatamari© said...

This picture is beautiful ...
the wall white, sea blue...
almost an omen of summer!
thanks

Saretta said...

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments!

Hilda - I know, I know, I complain about the cold in the winter, then I complain about the heat in the summer...I'm never happy! LOL!

Lakeviewer - my husband keeps saying the same thing! Who knows, maybe one day...

Anonymous said...

I love the sea pictures!

Unknown said...

This is another lovely composition! I will never get tired of looking at such a great blue sea!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I would be out of images if I could include the sea. I agree though it is a very realxing goregous sight though, and makes me long for summer. Even a tepid British one.