Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mystery Revealed No. 4

I just realised that I don't have a photo that clearly illustrates the setting for yesterday's mystery item! Oh no! The best I can do for now is the photo above that gives you a slightly wider view... What you are looking at is the ceiling lighting fixture in one of the elevators in Molfetta's hospital. I think it's a pretty wild and crazy choice in the midst of what is otherwise a typically sterile, colorless hospital environment.
This second photo shows the ground floor hallway. Now, that's what I expect in a hospital. Bland, bland, bland. But, Molfetta's hospital has other surprises up its sleeves...more to come in the following days...

8 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Wow, you're right, looking at that hospital you'd never guess these lights came from there!

Tanya Breese said...

By the way, I never knew you grew up in Va! What part? Is your family still here?

Saretta said...

Tanya, I, like you from what I understand, have lived in lots of different places. I was in VA from the age of about 5-10, in Charlottesville and Alexandria. Then my family moved to CA. I've also lived in San Diego, like you! My parents now live in West VA.

Unknown said...

So, it is a ceiling! I won! lol!

nobu said...

It's a mysterious ceiling.
Interesting post, saretta.

Chuck Pefley said...

Amazing what images can be made when we really look at our surroundings. Fun and quite nice :)

Unknown said...

Mystery solved! Love the close up shot (and also love your festive profile photo!

Ming the Merciless said...

That is the EXACT same design inside the elevator at my hotel in Rome. :-)

How cool is that?!?!?