Friday, April 23, 2010

Margheritaville & 500th Post!

Don't let this sunny image fool you, it's raining here again. But I've had enough gray for one year, so no more photos of the wet stuff. I don't know what kind of insect this is exactly, but the flowers are full of them these days!
There's no connection between this photo and Jimmy Buffet's famous song Margaritaville, except that "margherita" means "daisy" in Italian. And I guess I could use a dose of sun, spongecake and margaritas right about now!

10 comments:

Lowell said...

I don't know the insect, either, but I do know that is one of the nicest floral shots I've seen. Great colors and it's sharp! And yellow makes one feel good all over.

Sounds to me you need a quick vacation to Key West!

Re your comment on Ocala DP - A couple of these shops are new...many small stores/restaurants are having a tough time. Some go out of business, but other start up. I think things are slowly improving in our area. Home sales are up quite a bit this year as opposed to last year which is a good sign.

VP said...

I never catch bugs in my flower pictures, probably they are scared. This is a very nice one!

Leif Hagen said...

Lovely beatle and bloom photo! Bravo!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Such a bright, happy color. And the beetle is interesting too. Never saw one with spots before.

shopgirl said...

This is such a beautiful photo!! Love the clarity of it!

p.s. what type of bug is this?

xo

Chuck Pefley said...

I feel for you ... gray and wet is depressing.

I also agree with Jacob about your photo today. Nicely composed, Saretta, and congratulations on your number 500!

Stefan Jansson said...

Clever move. I usually do the same when it's raining. Great macro here.

Halcyon said...

This yellow flower is nice and cheery! Hope the rains have passed.

Yaz Lawsuit said...

Interesting capture. Thanks for the bright yellow flower.

Patsy said...

THAT IS A REAL BEAUTY. I LOVE THAT SONG. THANK YOU.